Skip to content
Manuka Honey and the Manuka-Extra difference!
About mānuka honey
- Mānuka honey is New Zealand’s wonder food.
- Mānuka honey is produced by honey bees collecting nectar from the flowers of the mānuka tree (Leptospermum scoparium) which is native to New Zealand. Only honey produced from this tree is authentic New Zealand mānuka honey.
- Bees that feed on the flowers of the mānuka tree produce a premium quality mānuka honey that has unique natural properties.
- New Zealand mānuka honey is widely acknowledged to contain special compounds that provide a range of benefits, and is one of the most sought after honeys in the world.
- Mānuka honey is very sticky with an extremely high viscosity, and is typically a dark amber colour.
- New Zealand mānuka honey has been described as having an aromatic earthy, heather flavour.
- Mānuka Honey NZ Limited recommends a serving of 10 grams or about 2 teaspoons per day.
- Mānuka honey is best taken either directly (on a spoon), or mixed as part of a daily diet.
About Mānuka-Extra honey
- Mānuka-Extra honey is produced by Mānuka Honey NZ Limited.
- Mānuka-Extra honey is authentic mānuka honey sourced from specially selected beekeepers throughout New Zealand.
- It is rigorously tested throughout the manufacturing process to ensure only the highest quality honey is produced.
- Mānuka-Extra honey is only available from authorised distributors.
About Mānuka Honey NZ Limited
- Mānuka Honey NZ’s processing factory is located in Whakatāne, New Zealand. Whakatāne is the gateway to one of New Zealand’s most productive mānuka honey regions, the East Cape.
- Special processes are used by Mānuka Honey NZ Limited to collect and process mānuka honey, and the company is a member of the New Zealand UMF Association, which guarantees that every drop of our mānuka honey is independently certified for quality and purity.
- Because of its quality and purity, our honey commands a premium price.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh